Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Some Scholars Respond

In a post in March I published a letter to the Dean of the School of Theology of the University of the South, of which I am an alumnus. I asked that the faculty speak to the Draft Covenant and make their response public.

In bouncing around the blogosphere tonight, I found out that they had - indeed, were when I was publishing my post. You can link here to the statement of some members of the faculty of the School of Theology. (Thanks to The Confessing Tiger for posting it, and to titusonenine for pointing to it.)

I will admit I'm somewhat disappointed with the statement. It's accurate, and its points are well made. Perhaps it could have taken on the relations among the Instruments of Unity and the accession of power to the Primates. Perhaps it could have done some analysis of the various scriptural references. Perhaps, perhaps, perhaps....

However, I asked for a response, and they were responding even as I wrote. Credit where due.

No comments: