Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Blogging the CPE Experience: Summer, 2011

Once again, I’ve taken a little time to find blogs from students in CPE programs this summer.  It is a time of great investment, great stress, and, hopefully, of great learning about self and profession and self as professional.  To date, these are the blogs I have found for this summer:


And, as always, I can commend the blog of abayye, a rabbi and CPE supervisor in New York. 

As I find further blog sites writing about the CPE experience, I'll add them.

 One further note: a number of CPE centers accredited by the College of Pastoral Supervision and Psychotherapy (CPSP) have made good use of blogs to provide information about their programs and about chaplaincy resources.  There are also blogs among the various web sites of CPE centers accredited by the Association for Clinical Pastoral Education (ACPE), though I don't find as many.  If you're looking for information about educational programs, these can be helpful.  I'm more interested in connecting with the experiences of individual students in the process of CPE; but I did want to acknowledge that these blogs were also available.

So, take a look at the experiences of these students; and, as you feel moved, offer encouragement.  CPE is, if nothing else, emotionally tumultuous.  These folks will, I think, appreciate all the support they can get.

No comments: