Thursday, June 30, 2011

A New Ethics Resource

From time to time I do try to point to new resources for chaplains and others in health care, and especially, when I can, to resources in Kansas City, my back yard.  In a recent conversation with my colleague, Dane Sommer, Director of Chaplaincy Services at Children’s Mercy Hospital in Kansas City, I learned of another.

Take a look at the web site of the Children’s Mercy Bioethics Center.  It is a rich resource of information specifically on pediatric bioethics.  There are a number of topics, each with its own page.  Many have attached PowerPoint presentations, lists of references, and links to other relevant sites.  There are links to information on relevant legal cases, and even a blog.  Moreover, the Center is offering a Certificate Program in Pediatric Bioethics in conjunction with the University of Missouri – Kansas City.

So, take a look at the site.  This is, I think, quite a resource in an important area in health care ethics.

No comments: